Wireless LAN Service
Wireless LAN provided by SongkhlaRajabhatt University is the responsibility of The Department of Information Technology, Office of Academic Resource and Information Technology. The main purpose is to facilitate academic studying and researching of our students, lecturers and personnel. The network can be connected utilizing any devices with Wi-Fi compatibility including laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
Wireless LAN covers a large number of areas in the university such as
- School buildings of every faculty
- Office of the President’s building
- Language Center’s building
- Art and Culture’s building
- Demonstration School of Songkhla Rajabhat University Building
- Official residence: the University has expanded the area of Wireless Internet service to the official residence for lecturers in the area of Faculty of Agricultural Technology and the Demonstration School of Songkhla Rajabhat University with the SSID of “SKRUHOME-WIFI”.
- The Wireless Internet service is expanded completely to the areas of official residences for lecturers and staff.
- Sabannga Student Dormitory (for females): Username: SKRU-WIFI
- Wireless Internet service for the 90-year lecturer-staff Flat with the SSID of flat90year (The flat is for the University lecturers and staff which is located outside the University area.
According to the Computer-related Crime Act B.E. 2550, Office of Information Technology has set up the authentication system to identify the users before using the University Wireless Internet. The service is for the students, staff, and lecturers of SKRU only.
The ways of Authentication SKRU-WIFI are divided by user groups.
- Lecturers apply the same username and password for Academic Support and Registrar.
- Students apply the same username and password for checking grade results with Academic Support and Registrar.
- Staff can ask for username and password to use Wireless LANs at Computer Network Division located on the second floor at Computer and Language Center Building.
- New lecturers and staff can ask for username and password to use Wireless LANs on Mon-Fri at 8.30-19.30 and on Sat-Sun at 8.30-16.30 at Computer Network Room located on the second floor at Computer and Language Center Building, or Ext. 310, 311, Voip: 3000